the new season 2011/2012 will start soon.
As it became in the past few years usual, you need to send your Confirmation of Cover
for your TPL-Insurance to me, to get an Insurance-ID
for being able to register for WC and EC 2012.
Once more the points for a proper Confirmation of Cover
1. the confirmation must be in English
2. the covering sum must be at least 500.000,-- Euro
3. the confirmation must clearly show that this insurance covers sailing with iceboats including race events and training races.
4. the confirmation must show that the insurance covers the region of Europe including Baltic Sea and Northern sea. Just Europe is NOT enough because there are some insurance companies who have NOT included Baltic and Northern Sea under "Europe" alone. If you have an insurance "worldwide" these regions are covered of course and it's ok.
5. The confirmation must show the time when it is valid and that must include of course the date of the event - and it is recommended to have some days covered for training.
What is new this year ?
I try to establish the list of the checked insurances as a list for all over the season. So every sailor or regatta organizer can check if a participant has a proper insurance without having the need to see the COC once more. This does not mean that all other sailors do not have an insurance.
Therefore I will not only give an OK for the insurance according to the confirmation, I also will post the period and region when and where the insurance of the respective sailor is valid.
You will find that list here:http://www.icesailing.org/insurance/insurance.php
last but not least, please send your Confirmation of Cover via:
a) e-mail: insurancemgr(at)icesailing.org (replace (at) with @)
please use as subject: Insurance 2012
b) snail mail:
Eduard Klein Gasse 31
c) no fax
Insurance registration for WC and EC 2012 starts on 01. September 2011 and ends 06. January 2012 (24:00 CET).